Monday, January 21, 2013

2013.....8 & 2 oh my!

Happy New Year Friends!

Here we are safely embarking upon 2013.  A brief catch up (hey did you notice its only been one month-ish since my last post?)

Christmas was....ok. The kids had a great time, we did not stress about it too much and it was nice.  But I had a stomach bug the entire weekend of and Christmas Eve.  I wasn't full blown sick, I just really didn't feel right.  Food smelled great, tasted great, just couldn't eat lots of it.  So weird (and a bummer as Husband made an AMAZING lasagna and Italian salad). Not one but 3 people asked me if I was pregnant.  I said I hope not as I have the Mir.ena and that would not be good.    Christmas day I was finally back to normal and we had a nice time opening presents with the boys.  Then we spent all day playing with our new stuff.   Sadly, back to work the next day.

Next up, New Years. We headed to my sister-in-laws for New Years Eve and we went early to maximize cousin time for the boys.  My boys are the youngest 2 out of 7 grandkids and they get mucho attention there.  We gather annually on NYE and do appetizers all night long and usually the cousin Christmas exchange.  Then on New Years morning, Husband and I make breakfast and we start the birthday celebrations for J and Z and they get their gifts from that side of the family.  We were home from thier house by 2:30 and napping by 3.  It was a nice weekend.

On January 2, J turned 8.  Eight years old, holy cow!  Really?  I have an 8 year old........  It was back to work and J had school that day.  So we sent a fun treat to school and another to daycare and he was allowed to pick a place to go to eat.  He picked Ap.plebee's.  My parents and sister joined us for dinner and here is the sunday they brought him when they sang.   (I took the candle and gave it to the waiter when I told him it was his birthday. )  He doesnt really like cake so this was great for him.


Yes he ate the whole thing! 

We went back to our house for presents and then it was bedtime. And reality of life returned (school work life)!

On Saturday, Jan 19th, we had a gathering of our close family friends with kiddos to celebrate both J and Z. I had found a great Leg.o party kit and did a loose theme.  I looked and looked to find a cake to make that looked like a brick, but then reality set in; I'm capable and willing, but just did not have time.  So I called a local bakery and asked for a Leg.o themed cake.  They said sure.  At the last minute I asked them to put a small monkey by Z's name as he is a monkey!   I think it turned out cute.   

 I think it turned out cute!!
And I think they liked it!!!

Then yesterday was Z's actual birthday.  He's 2!  Can you believe he's 2 already? We invited my parents over for dinner (my sister was traveling for work) recycled the dinner from Sat,  and re-used a portion of the cake from Sat.   He seemed happy and the food was just as good on day two!

Blowing out his candle

 His big present from us (on sale at Sa.ms Club)  Cant wait for spring I think this is going to be fun!
A quiet moment. Look at that little face!

J will actually get one more party next week.  He asked if a few friends from school could come to the family friends party and it was already too big, and it would have been complicated to have them there too.  So Im taking a 4 of them bowling after church on Sunday.  Then we are done.  NO MORE BIRTHDAYS for awhile.  I get this way every year.  The run from Thanksgiving to Christmas all the way through Z's birthday is just one very long ride.  We did it right this year, it was very nice all around.  I'm just tired, a bit broke and now need to clean out closets and toy shelves to fit all the new stuff in.  

We are blessed.  I love my boys. I have contributed at least two beautiful things in this world!  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment