Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Catching up!

Hello friends.

Sorry I have fallen off the  blog posting fence.  I am a loyal reader and a sometimes commenter but a lousy poster.

Well, things at our house are going pretty well (besides needing a cleaning lady and a few more hours in the day).  Z is about 4 1/2 months old and is a happy, smiley baby.  We are struggling with his weight a bit.  He keeps gaining, but slowly and by default keeps dropping on the growth charts.  Last week he was only 13 lbs 3 oz and had dropped to the 12th percentile in weight.  Kinda strange for a baby that was almost 9lbs at birth.  Dr is only slightly concerned as he is a happy, active and very strong.  I have been having some trouble keeping up pumping breast milk with what he consumes at the sitter so sometimes we have to supplement the bottles with a few ounces of formula.  He was spitting up a lot and it was slime-y when I gave him a certain kind of formula so I switched and that seems better.  He still spits up but its not gross. Dr is hoping that will help him keep in calories.

Do you want to see a pic of a happy baby boy?

 I took this last night right after I put him in the tub.  That smile, just warms me through and through.  And wow does he ever look like J!

Speaking of J-he finishes Kindergarten today.  Holy Cow.  I have a 1st grader!  And an infant.  And a house - with a huge new play set in the yard.  Thats all a bit mind blowing.  I seriously never thought we would have the last 3.  Just seemed so unattainable.  What a difference a year makes.

Quick side story: My sis and I are 8 years apart and my mom put a play set in our backyard with the thought that if the big kids (me and my friends) all played in our yard, she would always know where lil sis was.  And we did and she did!  So, taking a parenting note from my mom, we invested some of our tax rebate in this:



We figure that we have at least 8 more years of play set playing in our future so we went big!  We also wanted to cover the age span for interests. Its good for little ones and big ones.  I think I might go down the slide tonight.....

In other news, after teaching dance at the studio for 20+ years, I came to the decision that I needed a break.  I am constantly rushing to leave my day job early, to get the boys, to nurse or pump while watching the clock (not successful either way), change cloths, grab a granola bar and rush out the door to just to get to class late.  I was just struggling.  On my last 2 weeks of maternity leave, I realized I wasn't missing it.  I went back to teach in March and it was just alright and it used to be so much fun.  So I tendered my resignation.  I will still sub on occasion and may even teach J's tap class in the fall (right now he thinks karate sounds cooler).  The weird part, I had to turn in my key last night.  I have been a key holder forever.  I still have the keys from the last 2 locations, yes I kept them.  It seemed very strange and yet its a relief to be done for now. A huge weight of obligation lifted as I handed that over.   Although, I did find myself tapping a rhythm under my desk this morning, so I don't think I'm done forever, just for now.

So tomorrow we head into summer.  J is doing 2 days of field trips a week at the daycare where he does before and after school.  Headed to places like a Brewers game, a Wave game, rock climbing, and mini golf.  The other days he will head to the sitters with Z as she has a pool and video games.  Tuesday swimming lessons at the Y and Thursday pool parties at a friends house in the evenings.  Add that to some horseback riding with my dad on the weekends, (J recently started learning how to "drive" the horse by himself, and I swung into the saddle for a few minutes the other day as well. ) I think we are going to have a great summer! Now if the weather would just cooperate....90+ yesterday and today, 60's tomorrow through Sat....

I will try to stay more up to date.  I pray all is going well for each of you what ever step you are in right now.  Stay safe everyone!  Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment