Monday, March 28, 2011

Pumping and my real life gummy bear

Hi all,

Things are good here.  Back to work has made life hectic.  Seriously, I need 2 more hours in every day.  Then we might have clean cloths to wear - ok its not that bad - maybe we would have dry cloths to wear!

Z  will be 10 weeks old on Thursday and is doing very well at the sitters - he takes bottles from her (sucks them down she says), refuses from me (why would I need a bottle from you mommy?) and reluctantly takes them from Husband (just take me to mommy he cries) only taking enough to get him through until I get home.  Lets just say they are both glad when I get there.  Mind you, as a nursing mommy, I only leave when I have to.  Other than work when he is at the sitters, I teach dance on Monday nights and Saturday morning so am gone for about 3 hours each time.

Surprisingly, I have been able to mostly keep up with pumping at work.  I had to supplement (by mixing in formula) for the first few days and then I hit a schedule at work and have been able to maintain it.  The sitter supplemented a bit when he suddenly went from 2oz to 3oz and very quickly to 4oz in every bottle.  This experience is so different from when J was a baby, my daily schedule was all over the place then so finding a pumping time that was consistent was next to impossible.  He was supplemented during the day a lot. I just buckled down, and did my best able to nurse at night and in the mornings until he was 10 months old.  Now, I go into the training room of our office, close the door (it doesn't lock), put a post it on the door saying "Mommy duties, please knock", and the office of mostly men steer very clear.  Im hoping to continue this as long as I can, but wont stress if I cant as J turned out just fine and he got waaaay less breast milk from me.

I will say thank goodness for smart phones, I can pump, keep up with personal emails, Facebook, and People.com (must stay up on pop culture!).

Remember back in June when I was first pregnant and Dr VF called him a gummy bear?  Well I took this pic yesterday afternoon and it made me think of that statement.

Gotta go get some work done.  Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. So very cute! Where did you get that adorable outfit?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! My sister gave it to us for Christmas. She used to work for BabyGap (in fact J was a very well dressed boy because of his Auntie) and she still falls prey every now and again.

    It is the softest, most snuggly outfit ever. A bit impractical as it buttons instead of zips (a wiggly baby needs a quick entrance and exit from all extra clothing)and babies aren't really supposed to be in snowsuits in their car seats, but it is the cutest darned thing ever. I think I am going to have Z's 3month pics taken in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the commment you left and the advise on the body pillow. I definitely want to look into getting one. I've heard they are heavenly. You little one is adorable. I love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete