Friday, April 16, 2010

Be careful what you wish for

Hi everyone. I just have to say sorry for the big gaps in postings. Busy, busy, busy. We signed on our first house last night (hooray!!!) so of course have been in a packing frenzy at home and will move this weekend. Apparently I'm not good at dusting in our bedroom - holy cow!!! Our office is also moving next week and the dust from packing up both places, as well as spring springing, my allergies and asthma are out of control. I have been sucking on my inhaler, popping Claritin, Sudafed, and ibuprofen for almost a week. I rarely take any of these. Right now just trying to get through all this and still be able to breathe!

So, in my last post I was lamenting the lack of my cycle returning after my miscarriage/D&C and wishing for it so that maybe my hormones would chill out. Well, as the post title implies, I got my wish and my dear friend arrived on Wednesday, with a vengeance. TMI alert - just like after my surgery in September, it is very thin and bloody, like a bloody nose. I am flowing soooo well that yesterday morning, in just over an hour. I bled through a super tampon and soaked an ultra thin maxipad - went right over the wings and through my jeans-at work. UGH! Other than when I am sleeping, I haven't been that much of a mess since the 8th grade. Thankfully, we were only working a half day so that we could go to our closing. So I put my jacket on my chair, had Husband check to make sure leak through wasn't obvious and sat for another 2 hours, running to the bathroom two more times to prevent more mess. Then off to home to change. Husband just said, this is what you wanted right? Well, yeah.....but this is a bit much don't you think? So my bloating is going down, my emotions feel more even keeled, and I am relieved to not be pregnant (weird to say that), but it looks like a murder scene every time I go to the toilet. Its here, I got my wish, now it needs to go away. I have to move this weekend, and next!

In other new-sy news, J gets his cast off on Tuesday, the jeweler called and my charm is done, now I just need to find 5 minutes to go pick it up. Gotta run for now - I am keeping up on my followings but be awhile before I post again. My brain is tired and formulating cohesive thoughts is tough.

2 comments:

  1. SO glad your friend showed up but so sorry that she isn't being nice! Hopefully she will leave town soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I utterly HATE when AF doesn't show up for a few months and then ruins my life for a week straight with uncontrollable bleeding. It's so embarrassing. Even though everyone KNOWS women bleed once a month (or should bleed once a month), if you have an accident it's so embarrassing and makes you feel so ashamed and dirty. UGH. You have my sympathies!

    ReplyDelete