Monday, March 15, 2010

Moving forward and Retail Therapy

So it has been almost two weeks. Two weeks from the time I was told my little miracle was no longer viable. Two weeks from the procedure. What a strange time. My hormones are totally whacked. Though I think that may be settling down; I didn't cry at all on Friday, Saturday or Sunday! My emotions have been on tilt-a-whirl and I don't like carnival rides. If I get tired, I cant hold it in. Poor Husband; what a trooper he has been!

This past weekend we attended a formal dinner at a friends house. Attire: Cocktail (the objective is to wear a dress you bought for another event) Problem: Although many of my friends do, I don't belong to things that require you to attend "events." So basically, I had squat to wear. Wednesday night, I decided I had to buckle down and decide what I am wearing. The verdict? Well...I am either too fat to wear what I have (ie: the LBD that I wore 20 pounds ago that I got zipped up but looks like I need to lose 20 pounds to wear), I already wore what I have(ie: a pretty pants outfit that I am fairly sure I wore to last years party), or I hated what I have (anything sleeveless, including aforementioned pants outfit- my arms suck right now). Suspecting this was going to be the case, I had asked my sister if she had anything fun in her closet for me to wear, so my mom dropped off some things for me. She is 8 years younger, probably 15 pounds lighter, and is not as chesty as I am. What was I thinking? The 3 options she sent over were soooooo cute on the hanger. On me...not so much. UGH! they emphasized my boobs in a Dolly Parton kind of way, and made me look frumpy. My sister looks freakin' awesome in these I am sure. Don't forget those hormones are still flowing fast and furious. I was upset about my pooch and my body in general and Husband, dear sweet Husband, says, "But honey you were pregnant only a week ago. Take it easy on yourself." Cue floodgates. What a mess. Poor guy!

So I woke up with puffy, dry eyes, a headache, and in a serious mood on Thursday. I decided that retail therapy was the only thing going to cure this ailment. I went to the mall over lunch, found the cutest dress at Boston Store. 30% off, hooray! The Goodwill sale is going on too; donate an item get a coupon for 20 % off an item, even better! I cleaned out 2 dressers over the weekend! I have Goodwill stuff at home, might as well get money off for it! I asked them to hold my pretty new dress and went back Friday at lunch to pick it up with a bag of donations. As soon as I decided to buy that dress, I felt better. I felt like I could go and be pretty, and happy and have a good time, and we did. Retail therapy works, I highly recommend it!

The party was awesome. Great food, good friends, good conversation, a bottle of wine for me. Oh my, yes, you read that right, a whole bottle of white zin. (For those of you that don't know me socially, I'm usually only good for a glass or two) Got home late, now daylight savings time is kicking my ass. But I really am starting to feel better in general. I had a quiet moment at the party when the preggo girl was talking about labor and delivery, and on and on (don't think she was aware of our situation). Then I held my friends little girl in church - so much fun. Played with my son over the weekend, so much fun. Planning our move, packing boxes slowly - still fun and exciting. Gave up on eating healthy for now- cause I just don't wanna - way more fun! (I know this won't help the above fat problem but one thing at a time!) Oh yeah, J needed new shoes yesterday. He put a hole through the toe of his current tennis shoes. So we went to Famous Footwear and they were having a buy 1 get 1 1/2 off sale. So more therapy: I got him his shoes then found $50 tennis shoes for me that were on sale for $19.99 and then got them for 1/2 off. Yes I got new tennis shoes for $10!!!!! SUPER FUN! Sigh, I am in a really happy place now!

Sorry this post is so disjointed, my thoughts are still kinda that way. I'm done spending money on me right now. Shoes and a new dress and a new house and medical bills up the wazoo I am sure. Gotta watch the bottom line (and my bottom!) :) Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment