Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Some updates and a break

So Dr Arrogant himself called me the day after our appointment. Knock me over with a feather. I was eating lunch last Friday, my cell rang and it was him! He was reading my 6 page questionnaire and had a few more questions and recommendations for us. He thought due to family history of female cancers, I should get a mammogram early. He also recommended genetic testing because some of the learning disability history in my family could carry a factor for Fragile X syndrome. I thanked him for calling and told him the SA results from the other urologist should be there soon and he said he would keep an eye out for them. Very interesting.

AF showed up Sunday night - right on time! My OB was right, the D&C changed it....wow.


WARNING - TMI to follow: went from thick, dark, and clotty to red and thin, like a bloody nose that won't stop. Bled through big time overnight. Woke up having to scrub out undies and pj bottoms, yuk. Then spent yesterday changing a super tampon and a regular pad every 2.5 hours. Thankfully this seems to be slowing down today.


OK I'm done with yukky sharing, sorry, it's just a big change. So...upon the arrival of AF, I had a decision to make; take the Clomid the OB gave me (that I stupidly picked up and paid for before our RE appt) or follow the RE's advice and do nothing because "nothing is wrong with me". Without having discussed with Husband, I think that I'm going to just do nothing as far as meds, I may do the OPK to monitor my O day just so we know...but we are headed into the holiday season, I don't think I want this hanging over my head during the holidays any more than it is. We will gather the bills from my surgery, figure out how to pay for that, Christmas, and J's 5th birthday. We will try to just be with the expectation that I probably won't get pregnant and then we can deal in the New Year...or we can stop.....

As of late, I have been digging through our cluttered apartment and have made a discovery....we need more space. There just isn't a home for everything. But I am making a good attempt - we all are. The apartment is starting to feel more organized and tidy. My brain is starting to feel more relaxed and less overwhelmed.

We will see where this all goes. These are just my thoughts for today. We will see what they are tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment