I had this moment of really needing to connect today. I don't have a huge update, I don't have anything epic to say. So how do you start with no specific anything? I started with "All is Quiet" meaning nothing is really new but then I laughed out loud and thought, who am I kidding? I live in chaos! ALL. THE. TIME. It is fun and fine for us, but it is chaos!
School ended. Apparently, I now have a 4th grader, eeek! Speech class for Z is on break as well and he is having a speech explosion. I can't wait for fall so they can see his progress. Summer is going great. Weather wise, its very strange here....Saturday it was very hot and humid, like move outside at all and start dripping in sweat. Yesterday, Wednesday, it was 57 and raining. Today it will be 70 but I am still wearing a sweatshirt in the office. This is all in July. In Wisconsin. WEIRD! Swimming lessons and baseball are in full swing (pun sort of intended), summer daycare adventures are happening and I'm looking ahead to a VERY busy July and August, leading into school starting in September and a big, highly anticipated, FUN trip to see a certain mouse before the end of that month.
If you recall, Husband was having some issues, mostly with work when I posted last, shortly after that post, work came to him and offered a new, involved and exciting opportunity. He was sent to Slovenia for a week of training and he loved every minute of it. I managed to hold down the fort at home from Saturday to Saturday when he was gone. Thankfully he had grilled out a bunch before he left and left me lots of things to heat up and we were busy so it wasn't too bad. He is home and happily settling into the new role at work. On that front, all is quiet! ;)
I had buckled down in February and was watching my eating again trying to lose some weight...AGAIN. (I just like good food so much!) I am down 6 -8 depending on the day from then, but I have a loong way to go. The hard part is the chaos, and no time for me; we are running almost every night for stuff. Lunch is usually out as Dinner is late and either takeout or leftovers, IF we have remembered to arrange for leftovers or didn't take them to work already. Here is what last week looked like for us just from 5pm to bedtime.
- Monday - J was supposed to have a baseball game but it rained out. So we took advantage and went to Vacation Bible School at church. Dinner of sloppy joes was served....got home by 8.
- Tuesday - Swim class night. I couldn't get Z into a later class than 5:00 (I work till 5 - sigh) so I hired a college girl to take them to the Y. I send along lunchables, Z swims from 5-5:30, they eat dinner, I show up around 5:45 and send her home. We all swim for a bit, J has class at 6:45 while Z and I continue to swim until 7:30 when J is done with class and they close the pool. By the time we get home its 8 or a little after. Baths are mandatory after swimming in a public pool and J is usually starving again. Bedtime ends up around 9:30
- Wednesday - J usually has baseball practice. but I had him skip in order to attend VBS again. Dinner was served - hot dogs and brats. Home after 8
- Thursday - was blissfully a down night... we went to the store, the boys got fried chicken from the deli, I was going to make shrimp pasta salad. The kitchen was a disaster so I cleaned that up so I could cook. Then it was bath time, then bedtime, THEN I got to make dinner and I think we ate around 9:30.
- Friday- I don't think we had plans, I think we stayed home....I cannot remember what we did.
- Saturday - I ended up taking 2 boys to the Dr....they are fine. Z needs to use an inhaler for a cough. I attended 2 graduation parties, one alone and one with the boys. They got to swim and it was almost 8 when we got home.
- Sunday - we went to church, ate mac n cheese for lunch and took naps (boy did I need one), we went to the store for.....who knows, picked up pizza for dinner and called it a day.
I am looking forward to a few days off with not many plans this weekend. Hoping work lets us leave early today.
Wow for not a lot to say, this got long....sorry about that. I do hope to post as our fun things happen for the next few months. Have a wonderful Independence Day everyone!