Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A request....

Hello Friends, some of you may be aware that back in March I was blessed to have participated in the 4th Trimester Bodies Project.  If not, here is a link to the project: http://4thtrimesterbodies.com   spend some time reading.  Its amazing, and beautiful, and I am proud to be a part of it.

Here is the gorgeous picture of me and my boys that came out of that session: 

shawn final web



I am immensely proud of this photo, yet had not shared directly; instead posting the link so friends could find it on thier own. Today, I’m taking a deep breath and putting it out there.  Why the nerves?  I am not always comfortable in my skin, I feel thinner than I actually am.  I am often startled by images of myself in pictures.  AND I wear more than that to the beach. 

This leads me to my other point today.  The founder of this beautiful, empowering project, Ashlee, is being harassed by Facebook and Instagram for these “offensive” photos.  She has had several accounts deleted for the “inappropriate” content and yet as I scroll through my fb feed, I see way less clothing, I see way more offensive photos that remain unreported.  She and her team are taking legal action and a petition has been formed to aid in this process.   Please take a minute to sign the Change.org petition here http://bitly.com/4thtrijo.  Show the world and that mothers and women come in ALL shapes and ALL sizes and they are ALL beautiful!  #4thtrimesterbodiesproject#fourthtrimesterbodiesproject #4thtrimester #fourthtrimester #postpartum#breastfeeding #childbirth #bodypositivity #stopcensoringmotherhood#motherhood #bodypositive


1 comment:

  1. I love this pic of you and your boys. It's a gift for our boys to know what women's bodies really look like. Heck, a gift for our girls as well. You're beautiful, mama. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete