Thursday, January 26, 2012

Growing - Turning One!

Baby Z turned 1 on January 20th!  (I guess I cant call him Baby Z any more......sad.)  And just like his big brother, he had an ear infection on his first birthday.  (insert sad face) He had come down  with pink eye on the week previous to his birthday and the cold that started that, ended up gifting him with an ear infection diagnosed on the 19th.  Thankfully, he didnt seem in pain, and was still a happy busy little guy.  He was just super stuffy and started refusing to eat.

J didn't have school on the 20th so Husband and I also took the day off.  We have always taken J's birthday off as it is so close to the New Year Holiday so we will see how it works out to take Z's day too. We spent the morning being lazy and then did a whole lot of food shopping for a birthday party for our close friends to celebrate with both the boys.  My mom and dad met us for dinner at Fam.ous D.aves (Z didn't pick, I did!)  and we went back to the house where we gave him a mini cupcake. I saved the big cake for the party the next day.

Last but not least, Z had his 12 month appointment last night.   Poor baby, he got immunizations in both arms and one leg, then I had to take him to the lab and they took 2 vials of blood!  He didn't like it very much but was a trooper.  Slept through the night didn't need any Tylenol last night.  This morning however, I laid him on the floor outside the bathroom with a bottle when I was getting ready and when he rolled over and pushed up to sitting, he burst out crying.  I think his arms really hurt.  He looked at me like "What the hell mom?"  with a big sad face.  I scooped him up and gave the meds right away. I hope his day gets better at the sitters.  Its not easy being 1!

2 comments:

  1. Shawn, I just did a huge catch up on your blog! You continue to amaze me friend with all that you juggle! I'm glad that you were able to have such fun birthday celebrations with your boys. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, shots are the worst! Hope he feels better soon :)

    ReplyDelete