Thursday, January 26, 2012

Catch up - personally

Hello Friends,

Well, I have come to the conclusion that I am a terrible blogger.  I am an avid reader and keep up fairly regularly with all whom I follow.  I just don't always know what to say on my own blog.  I am sort of on the gerbil wheel of life; running from one day into the next.  Sometimes, totally prepared and on top of it, more often hanging on by a thread. I don't want to be a complainer, and often it is the same old same old.  I am just sometimes overwhelmed (see previous posts for reference) so I default to not writing.

So lets try to catch up shall we?  So much has been going on at our house and in our hearts, I will do this over a few posts because it became a novel.

There has been major upheaval at work. Some of it has been brewing since my review in June but I was not allowed to say anything to anyone.  I couldn't even tell my best friend E because her brother works here.  Some of it was way beyond what I expected.  This has all resulted in Husbands job feeling kind of precarious, several people losing their jobs and at the same time I was promoted to General Manager.  Talk about conflicted feelings.  We are only 26 days into this new stuff and it seems to be settling down but I am t-i-r-e-d when we get home. Its a relief for it to be out in the open, its stressful that its has come about this way, and its a huge culture change for me and the whole company.

I also think I am going to take some sage advice and hire a cleaning lady once or twice a month.  I don't want to worry about the cleaning and I can handle the tidying up.  The time is now because there is some extra salary coming my way and its not spoken for in the budget yet.  So I am going to speak for it and send it to someone.  Now to find a free moment to find and hire one........

No comments:

Post a Comment