Thursday, July 18, 2013

A HUGE Catch Up (Feb - May)

Oh my goodness friends, it has been since February when I posted last!  What the heck!?! Im so lame!

I faithfully follow blogs, sometimes its every few days but I am caught up on all the blogs I read.  I'm inspired by so many moms out there.  I am moved by so many stories I read, sometimes even moved to action.  Then I go to write my own stuff about my own little life and kinda feel like what do I have to put out in this world?  My stories are not inspriring, my stories are far from moving. But I keep coming back to this blank page.  So, boring and uninspiring as it may be, here we go again.

Life since February....  well, the last post showed me getting organized with photos on my walls.  To be honest, I'm not much further.  I did get a watercolor that we bought in Puerto Rico on our honeymoon framed.  Its gorgeous, just not on the wall yet.  Its so dumb, sticking nails in the wall is so easy and quick and yet, I'm sort of terrified to do it.  Like I might mess it up.  I love when its done.  Cant stop staring at what we accomplished back in February and just cant get it done.  Someday soon I hope.  The paper pile in the bedroom, well that needs to get tackled again....as does J's room which is just a dumping ground for his crap. I'm to the point that I need to take everything out of his room and then only put back the stuff thats good and in a "home" spot.  Never gonna happen with Z around.  Maybe a magic wand?

In late March, I took Z for a hearing test to see if that is the cause of his delayed speech.  Nope. He hears just fine.  Of course that fell into Easter and it took awhile to get the Birth to Three program to call me back and set up a visit/evaluation.  First visit was end of April and the evaluation wasnt until mid-May!  A little frustrating.  Especially for a little boy who has so much to say he just cant make us understand him.  Well, we are on the right track now and have had 3 visits now. He is making leaps and bounds progress.  He can usually make himself understood now, sometimes even with 3 and 4 word phrases!  There is still work to be done on his word formaiton and some other things but it is so nice.  His latest little word is "yep" and its sooo cute!  I love to hear him say it.

In April, J had his tap dance recital.  It was the 25th Annual Recital for the studio where I used to teach.  I danced in the show as an alumni and as part of a crazy parents dance.  Sooo fun!  J did great too.  A friend of mine is a photographer and was taking shots backstage. She took this one of J and I.  Love it!
 She also took this one of J, his teacher Mr B and his classmates waiting to go on.  Im there too waiting to watch my tapper!   Love behind the scenes stuff!
His tap teacher has retired and moved away so I have agreed to go back and teach the boys tap class and a boys dance class one night a week.  J is excited and so am I!

Also in April, J & Husband participated in the science fair at the elementary school.  This was supposed to be a father son thing....that got procrastinated on until it became a family (almost a huge fight) thing the day before it was due.  It turned out pretty well and J did a great job speaking in front of the crowd and doing the demonstration of his Volcano.

May started off with me missing the step from our family room into the kitchen and gettting into a fight with our garbage can......Garbage can won.  This pic was 2 days later, it got even prettier (not) and then it took almost 3 weeks for all the color to go away!  Poor Husband had to endure lots of looks!

May was full of normal everyday stuff.  End tap class, Kentucky Derby party (with hats and bets) at a friends house, Grandparents day at school, start of baseball practice for J (first foray into organized sports) AND J finally learned to ride this little bike.  
Here is Z trying hard to catch up!

So J was finally able to call up my mom and say "guess who gets to buy me a new bike?" (Last summer, my parents had promised him a new bigger one if he learned to ride the one he had. )  So a week later, as promised, he came home with......
and can ride it pretty well.  Corners arent so great but he's getting there.   

May was also full of more grown up events:  For my birthday in December, my sister had bought me a ticket to see Kenny Chesney at Miller Park and one of my besties came along too.  Great sister/girlfriend outing, beautiful, fun, night.  


Thats my sis!  

Husband and I got to go to dinner and see a show with Anthony Bourdain and Eric Ripert- very cool. AND....we had our 11th Wedding Anniversary.  My sister watched the boys and we used a gift certificate from two years ago to go out to a fancy resturaunt in Milwaukee and enjoy great food.  A good, busy, fun month.

June brought us the end of second grade and the jump into our crazy summer. This is getting very long.  I think I will start a new post.  Thanks for sticking with me friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment