Monday, October 24, 2011

Walking - eeeek!

Hello friends.  

Yes, you read that right.  Z is walking.  Well, to be fair he's walking holding hands but did take a few actual steps last night.   I give it a week or so before we are in big trouble!

In other catch up news.  Per my breakdown post last week, Z had his check up on Wednesday night and is, are you ready for it?  17.8 lbs!  He's only in the 8th percentile for weight!  And no, has still not doubled his birth weight.  Sigh.  He has shot up in height though, I don't remember the inches but he is 73rd for height as opposed to the 40-something he was last time.  I guess we are getting there.

Z was wriggling, crawling, pulling to standing, babbling and chewing on everything while the Dr was in there.  He laughed and said it looks like he just burns it all off. I agreed.  Few ground rules, he can only have formula, no water, no juice. Sad as he LOVES water!  Only formula, we can introduce meats and feed him when and whatever he will eat.  So we keep trying with the baby food for now, especially cereal as I mix with formula and its another vehicle for those all important calories.  We have been offering him some real food.  I have been a bit like a mama bird lately.  Husband made grownup mac-n-cheese on Thursday and I sucked the cheese and other stuff off of a few noodles and gave him small pieces.  LOVE!  Yesterday, I did the same to potatoes from a chicken pot pie.  LOVE.  Last weekend, I did the same with grapes  - to get it out of the skin, and yesterday with a dill pickle. I gave him some ice cream on a spoon. He loves it.   I think he really likes to eat that way there is just no way he can get enough that way. Working on a balance between baby food and people food so he gets enough calories and can continue with is independence.

Mommy got some rest and though nothing is any cleaner or more organized, it is what it is and my panic about life and no time, has abated for today. One day at a time.  That's all for now.  Hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment